Originally from the state of Texas. Mike went to college at Howard Payne University in Brownwood, Texas where he earned a BA in Psychology and graduated with heavy concentration in religious studies. He has had long a long standing fascination into human psychological and behavorial studies. Following graduation, from Howard Payne University, Mike resorted back to another passion of his... web development. Through several opportunities he began to develop small sites for local businesses.
Shortly after completing college Mike and his wife relocated to an area just North of Atlanta, Georgia in summer of 2007. Following the relocation to Georgia Mike spent a great deal of time learning and fine tuning his Unix operating system knowledge and was eventually hired by RDA Systems, Inc. (RDA) as a web developer and Unix hardware and operating system analyst.
While at RDA Mike was able to put his knowledge of Unix based systems to the test and further develop himself as a web developer. In 2010 Mike was approached with the concept of developing a Human Resource web application that would utilize the OpenRDA software dataset. The task involved translating the logic in the OpenRDA C codebase into PHP, yet developing a ground-up solution that would be scalable and robust. The task proved to be complicated and challenging all-the-while rewarding and thought provoking.
- Over 10 years of cross-industry experience in web development in industries centered around: Accounting, Telecommunications, and E-Commerce
- Areas of expertise – Complex, Enterprise software solutions, User experience, Usability, Code refactoring & simplification, and code reusability.
After several years (2008-2012) in the accounting industry, Mike joined Cbeyond in 2012 as a developer on the Cbeyond Wholesale Cloud Platform team. Since joining Cbeyond, he has leveraged his cross-industry skillset and versatility to great success, delivering a billing platform from scratch and several other key integration and front-end solutions. Prior to joining the Cbeyond team he served as the senior web developer at OpenRDA and was the founding programmer of OpenSelfServe, a human resource self service application. Following the Birch Communication acquisition of Cbeyond in the summer of 2014, Mike remained on the team advancing to his current role of Development Lead.
Mike thrives in a team-oriented, Agile environment, with a strong emphasis on independent accomplishments. He has a self-driven work ethic and a natural capacity to see the larger picture across multiple projects by quickly recognizing key points of intersection. Mike has a strong passion for web standards (W3C), discovering new advancements in web technologies and applying integration best practices to his work.
Some of Mike’s most significant accomplishments are:
- Founding developer of the OpenSelfServe for OpenRDA (2010-2012).
- Member of the launch team for Cbeyond’s Wholesale Cloud Platform (2012)
- Envisioned and delivered Cbeyond Wholesale Cloud Billing Platform (2012)
- Bandwidth and Level3 DID ordering and E911 provisioning for the Cbeyond Wholesale Cloud Platform (2013)
- Developed the DID ordering wizard (2013)
- Envisioned and delivered ICARE, a toll fraud monitoring tool for the Cbeyond Wholesale Cloud Platform (2014)
In addition to his work at Birch (dba. Cbeyond), Mike enjoys mentoring his son in baseball and watching his daughter play soccer. He also enjoys fishing and camping with his family throughout the year, and playing guitar.